PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SFT or not SFT
Thread: SFT or not SFT
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2001, 21:46
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No problem, Sydney. The cheapest integrated CAA approved JAA ATPL available when I was looking was £47 000, from Cabair (that I could find - BAe and Multiflight did not have approval then). I was given to understand this did not include accomodation, though this could be provided at a competitive rate.

The cheapest modular I could find with groundschool and flying at one school (which I preferred) was SFT at (then, before the full impact of the JAA had been realised!) £38 000 all-inclusive except food and accomodation in the UK. This included exam fees (ground and air test), MCC, food and accom in the US, various bits such as log book and David Clarke headset.

Not sure if Cabair included MCC (does an integrated course?) but even if it did I saved £9 000! I did the course straight through as if it were integrated anyway.

BTW the course is no longer different from an integrated course, as the rules for the latter have been relaxed. Therefore I cannot see the airlines favouring one above the other in future!

[ 31 July 2001: Message edited by: Send Clowns ]