PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Guvnor in the news again!
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2002, 20:19
Moses Mashomba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moggie

Of course he is familiar, he was the CEO of many major airlines in the past and has therefore been in the forefront of the financial press. His picture as a major player has been posted world-wide. I cannot remember for sure, but I think he might even have featured once on the front page of Time mgazine in recognition of his sterling achievements in the world of aviation. I'm sure that's how you probably recognise him.

Hew Jampton

If I am correct I believe that Giles Mitchie was probably his birth name. It also appears from his search for his maternal mother that maybe she dumped him at birth, hence the change of name. Lord knows what damage that did to the poor soul.

It would be good for all concerned if swift action could be taken that would ensure security and peace of mind for all those that must be very troubled as the details of this story unfold.

edited for reasons of propriety, in case some might read my humour more seriously than it is intended, and therefore miss the underlying seriousness of the message that all here are trying to put across.

Last edited by Moses Mashomba; 31st Oct 2002 at 18:20.