PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2011, 06:58
Max Tow

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Booglaboy: I think the Kangaroo route issue is a red herring. The economic difficulty of operating a multisector service to Europe in competition with carriers who can operate simple round trips through their hubs (and are in many cases state subsidised) is something that has driven just about every European carrier off the route, and BA down to a token presence. The fact is that for both BA & QF, the second sector (still less the third for those going on from LON or FRA) generates very little or no more yield than just flying from their bases to SIN,BKK or HKG, so why do it? Much as I dislike the business approach of recent QF senior management, any new management is going to have to address the issue and I haven't seen any proposal which overcomes the geography or suggests some protectionist restriction on the likes of Emirates, Etihad or Singapore Airlines. By the way, it seems reasonably sensible to operate all through services via one point (SIN). If you're going to London, why does it matter where you stretch your legs en-route, and if you want to stop over in BKK or HKG, there's no need for connecting schedules anyway.

P.s. to Mods re edits: I keep typing "Etihad" and the Prune site converts it into something Irish sounding...spooky!

Last edited by Max Tow; 11th Oct 2011 at 10:07.