PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - do i need to worry about landing at samos airport
Old 11th Oct 2011, 02:21
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was also a passenger on this flight. All I can say is - the pilot didn't speak to my knowledge during or after the incident so I can't comment on his use of English.
The cabin crew were urgently (ie running) ensuring all seats were upright and armrests down before belting themselves in at the mid emergency exit. The steward addressed the aircraft from the aisle, telling us to remain calm and this was normal for Samos - he did not go to the rear to use the PA.
After the go-around? Cabin Crew should have been in their seats and would have had little reason to be out of them during/after a go-around. A PA is normal procedure at most airlines however and takes into account that the workload on the flightdeck might be such that a PA from the Captain isn't possible.

But after a go around why would crew by ensuring armrests down etc etc when this would have been done before final approach? That just doesn't make sense.