PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrier Borne VC10 & Sentry anyone?
View Single Post
Old 9th Oct 2011, 22:06
Jimlad1

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Lets do some deconstruction shall we?

"I just happened to be on a US SSN on its final deployment before being retired and just sailed from Gib."
Thats jolly nice, well done you.

"It also had a an RN Navigating officer on board ."
Thats jolly nice too, but I'm not quite sure of the relevance to your story, except to show that we seem to get on and play nicely with the US.

"No land based assset could complete the required tasking and said sub completeted the tasking in under one hour with TLAM"

So what you're essentially saying is you were on an SSN that happened to be tasked to fire a TLAM against a suitable target for TLAMs (a missle which is incredibly useful, but not the answer to every targeering problem). Thats delightful to know - next time I, or any other Pruner need to launch a TLAM strike, then I'll know who to PM to make use of your extensive contacts list.

"Your arugment lack credibility because you were not there.. "

Not where exactly? In the SSN alongside you and admiring your chiselled godlike adonis features as your peered through the periscope to admire hordes of SHARS flying overhead in a co-ordinated airstrike led by the glorious St Sharkey of Ward, while your finger was poised on the big red button marked 'only to be pushed by WEO - if WEO is not present, check his pit'?

Is there an emoticon for 'speechless' by any chance, or shall I just settle for ?