PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 16:05
Beaverfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apply before six months

Hello everybody.
I see there is a big confusion concerning how early we can apply again, after not being successful.
My experience is this: I was at the OD at beginning of February and was never called back to attend the AD. Since OD was just a resume drop-of and not a real selection process, I assumed I can come back before six months. Plus they never told us that we are supposed to wait six months after not being successful at OD.
This being said, I showed up at another OD which was at the end of May, and was shocked when they said that we were supposed to wait six months. I decided to stay and give it a chance. When I approached a recruiter to give her my resume, I apologized and said I was not aware of that waiting period and that I'm willing to wait for another two months. She calculated how much time has passed (almost four months) and took my resume. To be honest I thought they would never call me back to attend AD. But they did, and here I am waiting for my ticket to fly to DXB.

Hope it helps. I'm still confused myself, I don't know if they just made an exception in my case or the six months rule really exist.