PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SkyLease Cargo
Thread: SkyLease Cargo
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 09:53
Heavymetal51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucking Down the Coolaid

How did that meeting work out for you. O that us right the CEO did not even come to MIAMI!!!!!!! it was much easier to avoid question on the computer.

The last time he came down for a meeting the local pilots got together and wined and dinned him. They thought they had worked out a deal, and then he did it to them also. Not what they taled about. A 2.00 increase.

The CEO is on record saying the PAY AND BENEFITS WILL NEVER GET BETTER UNLESS I SEE A BENEFIT FOR ME

The posts are right there are a lot of good people here, and a lot of good pilots. Yes there is a maphia and there is a few good pilot in their group., but not as many as they think. They have the power because where the company is not for their flying abolities.

The experienced MD11 pilots are all leaving. On one hand you can count the heavy experienced MD11 time guys, and that number decreases by the day.

If you live in Miami and do not mind 24 hrs on call, or selling yourself to make a buck, this place is for you. If you want a schedule don't do it. The schedule changes 4-5 times a day. & if a maphia want's your trip he will call in and it's his.

The duty time is long say departure time is 0500Z for a 18 hrs duty day,with delays it now is leaving at 1700Z they still expect you to do the trip even though your rest is screwed up.

They do part 91 tailend ferrys, they do not consider DH duty, so A 35 hurs dh is not unexceptable in their mind. If you are willing good for you.

The maphia biggest thing is they say you need to speak spanish to fly to South America. The only place I hear this is Miami. I do not see that as a requirement at UPS,FEDEX,AA,DELTA,World,ATLAS,KLM,MARTIN AIR but why in Miami they do not anyone taking what they see as theirs. That is the only reason.

I could go on but other post are right on. Pay is bad. A captain with health insurance after taxes brings home 1500.00 every two weeks. Hard to pay the bills.

JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE INFORMED BEFORE THEY MAKE THE FINAL DECESION. BY THE WAY THEY MAKE YOU SIGN A 25,000 TRAINING BOND FOR TWO YEARS. WITH THE AMOUNT OF HIRING IN THE FUTURE THAT SEEMS EXTREAME.

WELL TO ANYONE I OFFENDED WITH MY STATEMENTS I AM SORRY BUT I AM JSUT TELLING IT AS I AM LIVING IT. GOOD LUCK OF FINDING A JOB WHERE YOU CAN BE HAPPY AND NO COMPLAIN WHERE YOU CAN SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY. GOD BLESS