PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Re_Validate My PPL
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2011, 07:12
pembroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To correct a few points first:
"mrmum",
you are correct to say that the CAA will not allow revalidation or renewal of a rating without a valid medical, re. AIC W 080/2010, now canx. and AIC W 053/2011. This directly contradicts the advice in the FE handbook which states that a rating can be renewed or revalidated without a valid medical, but the PPL advised that they can't fly solo until they have the medical. I have written, e mailed and voice mailed the CFE and to date had no reply! In this case the "renewal" is over 5 years and will be dealt directly by the CAA.
"robbo22",
Lasors will clarify if you require both the written and the practical FRTOL, or speak to an RT examiner. There are NO other ground exams to take and this has been the case since just after JAR came in. There should be an oral exam on the aircraft flown for the test, plus in my case I try and bring the PPL back to as much of the significant "gumf" that has happened in the period off flying, such as JAR, EASA, ATCOCAS etc.
"WessexBoy"
It's a LST renewal, not a revalidation, in other words a general handling test, airwork and circuits, plus a VFR navigation element.
And to "Utterly", have a good look at alternatives to the SEP route. The NPPL(SSEA) is an attractive option but depends on how EASA works,re the LAPL. NPPL(M) is better in many ways, it's outside EASA, ie annex 2 and yet allows for great flying, on a UK licence and rating.
To those interested, it's worth downloading the CAA EASA document , yes all 36 pages, and it should be fairly clear what's happening, and more importantly, when