PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GOE dummy filing
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 21:10
routechecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I will basiclly repeat what I've stated in the ATC Forum, but I will expand a bit since this is a forum more dedicated to flight planning.

NOBODY is allowed to double file.

Since, and chances are we have talked on the phone, you all know that you can get away with it IF you are smart and quick.

Question. Does it really pay off?

90% of the times, AO's trying to find a different route on something like a LEAL-EGCC or a LEMD-LGAV, their plan will fail automatic processing.

Guys, a piece of advise from someone who has been picking up the phone at IFPU2 since the very beggining: Call us and say "I have a huge delay, can you find me a route around it". We WILL get it for you; (be nice when asking, we have some "special" characters, but you are bound to get that everywhere).

It might mean a BO of 1000KG more, but at least you get another option. We do it everyday for the Lear, Gufstream and Falcon pilots calling from their mobiles while sitting on the doorstep of the aircraft. No reason we would not do it for the guys flying the heavier iron.

Only yesterday, a guy from a German charter called with 185 minutes delay. With a re-routing, we shaved 37 NM of is route and gave him a 0 minutes delay. It works.

If you do decide to cheat, like I said above, make sure you do it right. On occasion, when picking up a record FIVE flight plans for a single flight, I went to the trouble of cancelling all of them and making sure that this gentleman got a huge delay.

Me an arrogant Euro SOB? Sure...

Cheers