PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feeling valued in the RAF / Army / Navy
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2011, 17:07
jamesman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been in for a sprightly 21 yrs and spent the first 3.5 yrs in old RAFG, where a full on 30 minute speech was granted for folks leaving the unit (with no comfort breaks I might add!) at Dinner Nights, it saddens me that next week I am giving a piece on an Army colleague with 37 yrs service and having been told 2 days ago to sort it out, I cannot give him the sort of thing I would have wished for.

I absolutely agree with previous sentiments that it is 9 -5 and off you go. Oh and expect a bill if you dont have all of your kit sorted. If you have the misfortune of leaving when posted in somewhere like shabbywood (fortunately not!) you would be lucky to have a coffee bought for you in Ash Neighbourhood at 1000hrs after how ever many years you have served.

I believe it is incumbent on those from the dark ages (like me already!) who are still around to try and ensure that guys who have done the time get at least an effort from others to ensure they leave the show with some decorum. Or am I a dinosaur??