PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Its nearly time!
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 20:22
stargazer02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
squak2002

Squak
there's nothing wrong in going into aviation at a young age.
I started at 18 in the US and did my degree at night and flew for the airlines and then went corporate....
A four yr degree is looked for in the US but not in Europe.
If a guy is 18 and knows where he wants to go in life then let him
He can do a degree when he is online...

Redsnail

Also i don't see any problem in going to a RHS from low hours
the likes of Ryanair and Easy jet do it and if the low time lads have the capability then let them have a go.
Aer Lingus and BA cadets are all low time pilots and they go to a RHS on low time so what makes them any different....nothing

If you are commenting on them not becoming an instructor well who cares.....
If you want to be an instructor fine...but some people dont and if they go to a big jet and can do the job then fine let them...
if you want to instruct first nobodys stopping you....

Who wrote the book on how to be an airline pilot....???
Who says that the instructor road is the BEST road....
i've flown with loads of SE/ME instructors who do things THEIR way and aren't regulated in the Airline way....i.e. standardisation and calls....

So in my opinion there is NO definitive way to get to the airlines.
So airlines like low time guys...so like instructors...some love air taxi guys...or corporate pilots and the opposite side of the coin so dont like any of the above and only take military....

The US majors hire 90% of their pilots from the military especially the likes of Delta and United...but does that mean their pilots are better....who can tell....
So to finish you can only go the way YOU want to go and make your OWN decisions and stand by them....for better or worse...