PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Plea for Common Sense and Decency
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 17:02
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
This is a reply about a point raised several days ago ... that of having seats 'blocked' for you by the check-in agent.

I was doing MUC ~ FRA ~ DTW (Munich to Detroit) return a couple of years ago with LH. It was a new 'thin' route and they had the A340 on it, I was in 'Y', I was a Silver card then.

The outbound was daylight, naturally and I took a window as I prefer. For the return, they said they even though the flight was not busy, they could not upgrade me. They offerred to put me in a window seat and block the centre section of the same row. The 340 in Y normally has 2-4-2 (if memory serves), so I accepted.

The flight was indeed very empty (the route bing only about two weeks old) so I had two seats by the window and the centre block empty and ready for me.

A backpacker had spotted his chance ... as we climbed out, before the seat belt signs went off, he slipped his belt and took up one of the block of four, snapping the belt in place.

As soon as the belt sign went out - he flipped up all the arm rests, wrapped himself in the four blankets and secured two belts around himself - over the blankets as per request. He then spent a very comfortable night.