PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing Ebay Advert
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 13:30
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Her grammar, punctuation and content all seemed pretty good: if you ignored the spelling they read like emails from an intelligent person.
That's what I understand from dyslexia as well. AFAIK it's mainly a reduced ability of the brain to form words from individual letters and vice versa. So what I would expect to see is normal paragraph/sentence structures (with proper punctuation and capitalization), normal reasoning and logic, plus the occasional misspelled word. Particularly letters that look more or less the same, but are switched around.
I shudder when I think of the amount of time wasted by two billion people learning the difference between wright, write, right, rite and so on...
They're, their, there.

But the people that confuse these most often seem to be native English speakers that just approach the language phonetically, and get it wrong. I don't think it's a dyslectic trait.

English is a horrible language in that respect since there are multiple letter combinations that lead to the same phonetic pronounciation. As an example, a word like "ghoti" can easily be pronounced as "fish".

Ghoti - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia