PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing Ebay Advert
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 11:58
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with BB. I would get an advert right.
A while ago there was a guy on here that wanted to sell his aircraft and asked for advice on where and how to advertise. My advice (and I think you came up with the same, IO) was to create a special webpage, possibly even under its own unique domain, with pictures of the plane (including detailed pictures of, for instance, the tatty interior) and all the tech data that any buyer could possibly want on the airframe, engine, prop, whatever. Only when that webpage is active (and looking good) would you place adverts, and have all adverts point to that webpage.

Sure, it requires some effort and maybe a few UKP in fees for hosting, domain registration, some help from somebody knocking up such a page and so forth, but it saves hours in answering the same questions via e-mail, gives a very good impression to potential buyers (for starters, it shows you don't have anything to hide) and may even lead to a higher price.

At the very least, it will help you weed out the customers that are not interested in your aircraft, but cannot tell that from a small advert alone.

One reason is that, in most walks of business/life, the most desirable buyers are educated people who definitely do spot bad grammar and judge it accordingly.
Yep. In fact, I judge a company today by its website primarily. If that's shoddily done, outdated, with dead links, no Search function, no obvious place where I can download tech specs, drivers and such, they're not getting my business. Because it not only reflects on the product itself, but also on the quality of pre- and after-sales care.

And you certainly don't use the website or any other forms of communication to say bad things about customers, suppliers or other business partners. After all, you might need them in the future again. But also, potential customers might not be willing to trade with you if you've already shown that you are willing to take a business conflict public.

And I just realized, I probably spent more time composing this post than the author did composing the advert. And I don't even have a plane to sell.