PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot standards decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 08:06
CrankyATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stationair8
Looks like you live a sheltered life CrankyATC, come and spend some time octa.
I've done that, its not much fun. Sounds like you have the same problems we do at work.

Wally MK2.
Simply put it's my belief that getting a pilots license is too easy
Thought as much Wally.. sad but true.

Capt Sand Dune
Sounds like more and more people are forgetting that a GPS is a navaid, and that it is the pilot in command who navigates.
Give that man a cigar , unfortunately i think the "Modern" pilot (read newly minted gen Y'er who thinks technology is the bee's knee's) would think otherwise.

Mach082
ATC are far from exempt.
Agreed, however this thread is about pilots. I know i'm not perfect, but i have the professional courtesy and motivation to learn and always try to do better. I know i've stuffed sequences, but rest assured that i've learnt from that. I cannot say the same for some private pilots however. How many times must you tell someone what a departure report is??

Does anyone else think the issue is because people want to appear "Cool" by having a pilots licence? This whole argument for TAF's to be in plain english. I mean really, is it that hard to learn a few abbreviations? If you don't know them there in the AIP which you can get for free for christ sake.

Speaking of AIP, there's lots of useful tidbits in there private pilots. Please take a read sometime. Free for all, www.airservicesaustralia.com.

Gee i really am cranky today. LOL....