PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2011, 06:07
J_sal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply guys. I just had a haircut last night and it feels a bit strange. I shall take a few photos soon. I don't know why I feel nervous about the OD when I've already attended an AD before by applying online. I understand they would do as they do at the AD's and show us all a video to pump us up and then spend probably 2 minutes or so talking to each person and collecting their CV's and photographs and then you cross your fingers and wait, but is there anything else that could be expected?

I've checked a blog a little while ago, I believe it's a very popular one and I've made a little checklist on what I'd require to bring along with me based on that;
-CV
-6 Passport Photos
-2 Full Sized(10x15) [Business Attire]
-2 Casual Photos(10-15)
-Photocopy of Passport
-Photocopies of School certificates
-Pen(s)

From your experiences, do you suppose there's anything to add?

Thanks again guys

Edit: I was reading "Yulfa's" experience with the OD on page 12 and I'm confused now. Her OD sounds a lot like the AD I attended, except I had been invited. I was always under the impression that the OD was sort of like a physical(as opposed to online) application to get an AD invite as well as to get a bit of info about EK, but I've been on another forum and noticed that a lot of people comment about their "OD's" but it always sounds like an AD to me. I've also seen people post timeline things that say something like;
OD: XX/XX/XXXX(the date)
AD: XX/XX/XXXX(the next day or a few days later)

This is really confusing me. Even EK's website says that "
In the event that you are successful, you will be obliged to attend a selection interview during the course of the week." I'm doing the OD in Dubai so it isn't as if the recruiters are going to leave to recruit elsewhere, so I am assuming that there will be an AD separately, but then again, and maybe I'm just over-thinking it, but I'm not so sure what this OD entails anymore...Are they just confusing the OD with an AD or is an OD pretty much a walk-in AD? (Does that even make any sense lol?)

I'm sorry for being greedy and bombarding you lot with all these (probably already answered many times) questions. I just only have computer access at work and the search function brings up too much stuff to sift through with the poo internet connection we have here, but thanks again guys. I really really want this job

Last edited by J_sal; 6th Oct 2011 at 08:22.