PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unions not the only ones unhappy with Qantas management
Old 5th Oct 2011, 09:08
600ft-lb

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
When I read this today, I wondered both "Where's the threat in that?"
That's just the point and they know it. People don't read past the headline. Their minds are made up within the first 20 words.

Steve Creedy even published the article today on The Australian website saying
Qantas claims unions involved in a pay dispute are behind death threats sent to executives
yet the article explicitly states the complete opposite

Although Mr Joyce, who has received one of the threatening letters, does not believe union officials are responsible
Mr Joyce does not believe union officials are responsible.

And where is the content of the supposed "Death Threat" ?

There is none, yet you read the comments sections and everyone is talking about thug unions being evil etc. People's minds are made up in the first 10 seconds when it comes to print media.

Qantas knows this, their PR firm of choice, owned by GD's mate, know this, Qantas pays good money to these guys to put their point of view across.

I don't know where supposed journalists get off, publishing headlines that are misleading at best to the content of the article.

Especially when News Ltd. code of ethics seems to not apply at times when Qantas is involved.

For Info
Professional Conduct Policy | The Australian
1. Accuracy
1.1 Facts must be reported impartially, accurately and with integrity.

1.2 Clear distinction must be made between fact, conjecture and comment.
1.3 Try always to tell all sides of the story in any kind of dispute.
1.4 Do not knowingly withhold or suppress essential facts.

15. Personal gain
15.1 Employees must not request or accept any money, travel, goods, discounts, entertainment or inducements of any kind outside the normal scope of business hospitality.
I'd love to see the Chairman Club membership list.