PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 5th Oct 2011, 06:43
Wingswinger

Location: Hampshire physically; Perthshire and Pembrokeshire mentally.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AmerFYeah,

Turning down BA may not have been the best thing to have done. I don`t know how far past the ripe old age of 35 you are but if it`s just a month or two that would have given you nearly 30 years if you wanted it. Time to command in SH may be 15 years or so but the figure I have more recently heard is about 10 years. For the record, I joined BA at 38, gained command in SH at LHR after 9 years and became a TC before having to leave at 55 a few short months before the retirement age went up. Would I have stayed if I could rather than be at easyJet? What do you think?

Anyway, given that you made that decision for whatever reason you are right to think easyJet is a good place to be. It`s now a large airline and it makes significant profits year-on-year. If the wider European economy crashes it`s a better place to be than many, many other airlines. As the Meerkat has indicated there have been tangible improvements over the last year or so with more to come. It is not all four-sector days, especially at LGW. Those who keep banging on about this aspect tend to overlook that BA SH also offers plenty of four-sector days. Good luck.