PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 4th Oct 2011, 18:47
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doug the Head - I see from your previous posts that during your years of working at easyJet you have developed some kind of neurosis towards your employer. The problem with such obsessions is that they colour virtually any discussion and make it impossible to see any good in a situation, even when there is good to be seen. I note, for example, that you think I am a Dutch First Officer aged between 20 and 30, in my first job "busy kissing @ss in the training & recruitment departments". It is for others to judge the veracity of my views, but you may be interested to know I am British, over 50, have worked for a load of previous airlines and have no need to do anything to impress the Training Department as I am already a TRE who has worked at easyJet for many years. Even more surprising to you will be the fact that, like the vast majority of easyJet pilots, I actually like my job, enjoy many 4-sector days and do not plan to leave any time soon. The reason I am pointing this out to you Doug, is to try and show you that your personal disappointment at easyJet is just that - personal. Whether you failed to get that training job, got turned down by BA or just wished you had become an accountant instead of a pilot I really do not know. What I do know is that your obsessive hatred of easyJet has become so ludicrous that it is preventing you having anything remotely resembling a rational rational discussion on the subject. I note that in the past others more eloquent than me have suggested you leave as soon as possible - I can only recommend you follow their advice as there is no time like the present.

I try to be objective myself and consider each issue on its merits, rather than see the worst in every situation. I have tried to give a balanced perspective in previous posts regarding easyJet, and fundamentally it is a good place to be. We have many issues to resolve, but the sea change in the last year has been simply outstanding. I think that if you are young enough, a career at BA is better than being at easyJet, but I am struggling to think of any airline that is not a national carrier where you would have a better working life. Just my view, but there you have it.