PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba Longhaul Yesterday Ex-t4
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2002, 09:37
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do we draw the line?

How many times have I given the dispatcher or a loader or an engineer a tea or coffee?

If I choose to give away the crisps from my crew snack to ground staff is that wrong?

If we have club meals left over and we eat them or give them to the pilots is that wrong?

I agree the stealing off of thee aircraft is wrong but come on!! No one will argue that food is perrishable and that it gets thrown away after a flight so there is actually no harm in eating a left over breakfast. I know you can't implement a rule to this effect which I'm sure both BA and the unions would spend many a happy hour arguing over, but surely common sense should pervail in a situation like this?

The thought that crosses my mind is who actually reported this event? They need to look at themselves and get a life and concentrate on how they can save the ccompany some money in their job role and not how they can get collegues into trouble and breed anti-trust and bad feeling throughout the company as well as giving the press more ammunition to shoot us with!!!!