PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Long Haul International EBA is up!!
Old 4th Oct 2011, 00:07
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen, Big Brother. Making sure we get the best possible deal goes without saying, & I don't consider myself a groveller or company "yes" man by any means. Nevertheless it's more than just $$$, & whilst I'm never going to say no to more money in my pocket each fortnight, I'd like to see more emphasis on things in the next EBA that will improve our quality of life instead of just bleating about pay. And as for what you said, I only have to look at our colleagues over the road at that former, once iconic airline, to be reminded that right now we've got it pretty damned good anyway. I have spoken to JB & Sean Donahue on a few occasions in recent months (either through the regular teleconference calls or having them onboard one of my flights), & I am deeply appreciative of the goodwill & encouragement these men have shown me & my workmates. Why the senior management of that "other" airline have failed to grasp a basic rule of business - being that if you treat your staff with dignity & respect, they will more readily go the extra mile for you than by treating them with the opposite - is quite simply beyond me, but I digress...

In the interests of the long term future of this airline - & our careers - a little less chest-beating & a little more mutual understanding/co-operation between individuals, unions & company management is what is really needed.