PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amusing Ebay Advert
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 12:16
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The question here being if you're selling such an expensive item, why you wouldn't get someone to proof read it for you?
I have to agree with that.

Also I find it hard to understand how adult literacy can be so poor. The people presumably never read books, newspapers, or any other form of printed material. Even a totally trash novel will be 99.99% grammatically correct. Even the Sunday Sport is.

The scams, in my view, tend to have slightly different types of mistakes such as missing articles (a common mistake for speakers of Slavic or some East Asian languages, where they don't have any).
You might be suprised. I have seen some pretty clever scams. There was one going around for a TB20 G-HOOD, where the seller was asking for a ~ £10k deposit to view the aircraft. It so happens that lots of people ask me for views on various TB20s and I know of several people who nearly fell for this one, but fortunately all walked away after some intractable correspondence with the "seller".

However I don't think this Ebay advert is a scam.

BTW, what airport are they referring to? How could an engineering company be priced off it? Normally, they have a lease of some sort.