PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting out
Thread: Starting out
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 04:39
The Bunglerat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want to go instructing just to build hours without making 100% effort, forget it. The last thing this industry needs is people passing on substandard skills to the next generation of pilots.
I concur. That said, there's nothing wrong with using instructing as a vehicle towards reaching your ultimate goal of flying for a regional or major airline. Just make sure that, whilst you are instructing, that you do put in the aforementioned 100 percent.

Furthermore, & at the risk of sounding like some kind of TV motivational evangelist, I would suggest that a big part of achieving any goal in life (aviation related or otherwise) is to utilise the powers of visualisation. And by that, I mean that you need to be able to visualise yourself having already achieved the goal you are working towards. Try to imagine the prize in your hands, so to speak, & what it feels like, then work backwards from there. If you know where you ultimately want to be - & what it will be like when you actually are there - consider where you are right now, & then trace the steps required in order to get to where you want to be. I could map it all out for you, step by step, but that would only deprive you of the opportunity to figure it out for yourself - & there's no fun in that.