PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clutter & Wind Turbines?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 16:42
Tankertrashnav

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
A company with which a neighbour and I were working with, with a view to having turbines erected on our adjacent properties, has now abandoned the proposal because of widespread objections over large areas of the country by the MOD on grounds outlined above. For example virtually all of SW Cornwall is now subject to these objections, which is a pity as, other than offshore, we are one of the best areas in the country with regard to sustained wind speeds.

I would be very interested to hear of any solutions which may have come to light that would satisfy the current objections.

One thing that mystifies me, although we live in the Culdrose MATZ, a commercial wind farm has recently opened within the MATZ with much higher turbines than the ones we are hoping to install - this seems to have gone through without any problem. Any idea how?

By the way, does the fairly cheap solution of fitting each mast with a transponder, permanently set to squawk "I am a turbine" solve any of the aforementioned problems?