PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2002, 19:47
CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Couldn't disagree more with PUSHTU, I joined them in the mid 90's with a PPL and 120 hours, and a sack load of enthusiasm. Now just touching 4000 hours of which over two thousand is turbine, over 800 hours heavy piston and loads of light twin stuff. I am still working for the group today and still enjoying it. The work is interesting, varied and there are many opportunities for hopping between types and bases if you play it right. They still have the maritime anti-pollution contract which adds to the interest and the cargo charter market provides interesting destinations including potentially the Americas for the Electra fleet.
The crew are great to work with and are all of the same ilk, they enjoy flying and get the job done, whilst still having fun down route.
Money is above average for this end of the industry, in some cases significantly above, and promotion can be rapid based on performance.
Some people have had bad experience with Atlantic, normally though there are two sides to the story. Flight training used to be a bit sporadic with aircraft being available for charters as well as their training commitments, you can guess what got priority. But things have changed these days, JAR has shaken AFT by the scruff of the neck and they are comparable with most British training organisations with dedicated equipment now.
Atlantic have never had time for pilots who are 'precious' or feel they are owed a living, most of the young pilots are from unpriveledged backgrounds, and some including me would have had trouble getting a foot in the door without them.
There are many who have had their careers launched by Atlantic and have gone on to do many things, including Antarctic survey as well as more regular stuff like the regionals. I expect many others will back up my endorsement of the company and tell it like it is.
I am not trying to sell them to you, just re-address the balance of the previous poster who obviously see things differently.
Do your research, pay them a visit, and go in with an open mind.

CRX.