PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2011, 10:32
stubby jumbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.......'hate to admit it-but I agree with you Arnold.

The arrogance and contempt for staff from the "top end" is there every time you see one being "interviewed" (read: ramming their opinions down some impotent journo's throat).

As I will be officially a non staff member for the AGM and officially a SHAREHOLDER (along with a few others' in the same space as me).........we're already preparing our strategy for the meeting.
All very professional of course.

But as a concerned Qantas Shareholder I want CLIFFORD to answer(sic) the obvious questions:

AS A CONCERNED SHAREHOLDER.....

1.HOW CAN YOU AND THE BOARD (James Strong) JUSTIFY GIVING YOUR CEO SUCH A SIGNIFICANT PAY RISE AT A TIME WHEN WE HAVE WIDESPREAD INDUSTRIAL ACTION OVER WORKERS COMPARATIVE PALTRY PAY CLAIMS.?

2. THE SHARE PRICE HAS SEEN A SIGNIFICANT PLUNGE OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS.......DOES THIS NOT REFLECT POORLY ON YOUR CURRENT STRATEGY OF THE "ASIANISATION" OF THE ICONIC AUSTRALIAN BRAND.?

And yeah.....like Arnold suggests ....I bet a slab of beer that I will get JACK ****E as a response because they are basically "untouchable" have told themselves the lie so many times they are right ....they actually believe it.

But as actor Peter Finch once said in that classic movie -Network:

....."I'm as mad a hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"

I do not have to worry about bullying, victimisation,intimidation or threats any longer from Management (as I'm an ex staff member and the $$$$$$ have been banked )

See you at the AGM........its going to be a ball tearer.

Last edited by stubby jumbo; 30th Sep 2011 at 12:54.