PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feeling valued in the RAF / Army / Navy
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2011, 07:21
Geehovah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After nearly 37 years service I was a tad disappointed, albeit I was retiring on time. I should say, having served twice in the US where retirement is a big event, maybe my expectations were unrealistic.

The resettlement package was excellent and gave me exactly what I asked for. A big tick for all involved.

The clearing process was impersonal and the final "That's it Sir, if I could have your ID card" was quite stark.

Shame I didn't get a departure interview, so no chance to air my views. The expected call for a chat during my terminal leave just never came. It would have been nice if my Commander had bothered to attend my Dining Out Night - and that of the other long serving colleague on the same night. At least the late Commander of Air Command sent me a letter. I was expecting the new-fangled valedictory E Mail so the letter came as a nice surprise.

The box ticking elements were mostly, efficient but the personal touch was sadly missing. Overall, I'd hoped for more but I suppose I got what I expected.

Last edited by Geehovah; 30th Sep 2011 at 07:33.