PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2011, 13:12
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First impressions :-
The airport’s immigration arrivals area is also being redeveloped to offer a more seamless journey for people arriving in the North-East
Perhaps the largest number of moans in recent years, on this site at least, in respect of customer experience is undoubtedly been directed towards the hassle of getting through customs on arrival & the rather unpleasant experience of waiting in long lines on the stairs leading up to this area.
One hopes that those in authority have acceeded to the many complaints & addressed this issue, to which much blame has been placed on low staffing of customs officials.
Maybe I'm missing something but if you are to "double up" departure facilities & ignore those on arrival then in aggregate you achieve very little in overall customer experience on the basis that arrivals numbers equate to those of departures.
Now I haven't seen any plans though understand that this is a "3 level" bolt on type of expansion, so lets hope that this does address the "arrivals experience" in some positive way.
In noting how long it took to sort out the earlier & obvious revolving door problems at baggage claim, then I'm not holding my breath !