PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ba Longhaul Yesterday Ex-t4
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2002, 08:09
BRISTOLRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ba Longhaul Yesterday Ex-t4

I know this has been mentioned in a previous amalgamation regarding coverage of the high wind frolics of yesterday, but has anyone got an absolute reason for why all BA long hauls got cancelled ex-T4 yesterday.

Why were they ALL cancelled?
Just about every other carrier were flying Long Haul & the USA, with a few delays of course but services WERE operating.

I am curious to know what the official reason was, other than high winds and other carriers maintained service?

You are right, T4 was a zoo around 13/14z yesterday, just nowhere for folks to sit, lines and lines of people.

As for parking, there were B747s and B777s parked all over the place yersterday. 3xBA B744s on Cargo apron at EGLL never moved.

I even saw a B777 being pushed backwards up the taxiway for 09R hold last night with all interior lights on.

A BMED A321 was also observed doing low speed taxi runs, assume it was waiting for a gate in T4, thought they would keep pax amused by low speed taxi runs on and off 09R.

Some interesting arrivals & departures from 27L and 27R respectively, well done all !!
Highlight of the day was BA001 departed almost 1hr late at 1145z, up like a rocket as usual - no problem!