PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2011, 15:34
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That article was piss-poor for the FTm because it made a schoolboy error, calling it a CREDIT card, which it is not.

It is a pre-paid Mastercard, so this £150 is what must be pre-loaded on before spending.

The card purchase fee of £6 will be reimbursed to Ryanair passengers since each cardholder will receive a £6 Ryanair travel voucher.
But presumably, there will be no admin fees for redeeming the voucher - or will there be a £6 fee to redeem it?

Free card top-ups can be made at cashpassport.com/ryanair.
Still a dead link, so should we assume that the free top-ups can be made by any UK debit card?

There is no mention about a monthly fee, but I note previous comments about a fee if not used for 6 months.

So to be worthwhile, you have to tie up £150 to get started, and after that, you need to either fly with Ryanair every 6 months, or make a nominal purchase elsewhere by card (say a local train ticket or supermarket purchase where there is no £5 card minimum) - although this will attract an un-confirmed fee after 31st March.

Based on what I'm seeing, it still seems like an ok deal for the moderate Ryanair users. A pain in the a**e, but as MOL has always said, people will crawl over b****k naked to get Ryanair fares, or at least they will if they are going on one of the numerous routes where a competitor is not directly available.

I'm also reading that the previous Orion Prepaid Card operator went under, so did passengers lose the stored value?