PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F.O. Positions?
Thread: F.O. Positions?
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2011, 08:44
cavallino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, they just use standard pilot database, everybody has the right to register but Wizzair uses simple queries to select all pilots with several criterias :
- Total Flight Time
- Nb of hours on type A320
- Language spoken
- Permanent address

I am in contact with Wizzair chief pilot too and he tells me that priority is given to local pilots to avoid turn over. They are looking for pilots with a lot of hours TT + type rating (expat or not) but they agree hiring pilots with less experience and no type rating if they are local. So pilots with less than 500h TT have no chance to join Wizzair even if they hold an A320 type rating from ETOPS. By the way, be carefull to TRTO like ETOPS Aviation Services in Toulouse because they used Wizzair Cadet Program as an argument to sell A320 Type Rating. The guys paid for their type rating, they were promised a line training at Wizzair followed by a permanent employment at Wizzair but it was a fake. I know several low hour pilots in this case. They paid their A320 type rating but Wizzair will not hire them and they are still looking for a job on the bus. Currently, they have no chance to find a job with no hours on type. They spent money for nothing (except for TRTO managers which ride Porches and other crazy cars).