PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlantique cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2002, 14:42
AeroBatfink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Atlantique cadet scheme

I've done a search on this (not the 50/50 scheme), but the most recent info is still quite old.

Can anyone provide some up-to-date info?

I know the basic info (like the fact that cadets are expected to work 7 days p/w, doing unpleasant jobs, with no holidays, bonded for five years after Stage 2 training ends, etc) - but I was hoping someone might be able to provide some info on what it is really like from a cadet's point of view; ie-

Does it mean I could spend a year in miserable conditions, earning very little and watching my debts accrue interest, only to find that there's a fairly good chance of being cut from the scheme due to Atlantic only letting a small quota pass on to the next stage of training?

What are the chances of getting on the scheme in the first place? What is the application process like?

Does the Atlantique group have any bases overseas? If so, what are the chances of getting moved overseas?

Is it an enjoyable company to work for? What are the further career opportunities within the group? How fast can a former cadet expect to be promoted?

It sounds like a great opportunity, but I really want to make sure I'm armed with all the facts before I apply...

Thanks
AB