PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 16:48
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRA

As to FRA it has already been well discussed that Lufthansa will be commencing a twice daily flight from LGW to Frankfurt on October 28th.

The weekly Tunisair flight from LGW to Tunis is only operating from LGW as Tunisair could not obtain a suitable slot at LHR, I would not be surprised to see this transfer to LHR once the slot issue is overcome.

Luxair to LGW? Why would they operate that when they axed LHR and concentrated their London route at LCY.

The Tor Air flight is not to Copenhagen but to Cologne/Bonn and have you seen the schedules, totally pointless and why did they decide on Cologne in the first place!

Air Namabia said when they 'suspended' there Windhoek flights in 2009 that they would return at some point. With the increase in tourism to Namibia and the country being highlighted on numerous travel docs I would like to see them return but I am not holding my breath as it suits the airline well for passengers to be routed via FRA which is their only current destination in Europe.

The Air Atlanta flights operating on behalf of Biman with B747-400 on JFK-LGW-Dhakka are actually Hadj flights and will not be in the airlines booking system.

I am aware of Air Malta and Easyjet being on the LGW to Malta route but I think a return to the route with BA would be a good thing, the island has alot of potential and the return of BA would be welcomed by BA passengers and also the Island of Malta.

Where was the dates for the start of Hong Kong Airlines obtained from as some press releases state the airline will be flying from LHR and others stating LGW, hopefully it will be LGW.