PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going for it or not..advice please!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 11:18
stefair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
before landing your 15k a year air taxi job 2 years later. However much fun and good experience that might be, it'll do little to dent the debt pile, even with the saving you made by going it alone..
I will have to disagree with that one.

Friend of mine has just started with CTC as a cadet and is being charged hefty 90 grand for the whole thing. Not euro, sterling. If I understand him correctly he will have to fork out another 8k sterling for a TR with easy upon finishing.

So let's say he manages to complete his training in the given hours and is charged exactly that 90k plus the cost for their SSTR. At the current exchange rate that leaves him with around EUR110,000 out of pocket. And that is without interest. My dear Jesus!

Even if he manages to make it straight into easy on their FlexiCrew contract it will take him 10-15, if not 20 years to pay it all back.

I myself got the ticket for EUR50k all in and am still digusted by the debts I am stuck with. However, I have been flying and I am flying and even though I am not paying back much each month I will be able to pay it back much much quicker.

And aside from the financial part, do people really need to get straight onto a jet? Flying SEs and small twins before moving on to TPs is a great experience and simply good fun.