PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going for it or not..advice please!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 07:46
oldspool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do yourself a favour, spend an evening each night this week searching for similar threads on Pprune. As you say, people who post here have vastly different views and different motivations for posting, but as there are hundreds of such posts I think you'll find that by reading enough of them a couple of core messages prevail:

- It's never too late to start, however as Piloto2011 says, you need to be prepared to make a lot of sacrifices, both financial and emotional, and as a rule of thumb the later you start the greater these sacrifices will be.

- Ideally you want to qualify debt free which will enable you to take the low paid jobs that may come your way as a low hours pilot. Reality check: the sorts of jobs you'll be eligible for will be low paid and there will be huge competition for them from pilots with more experience than you.

- Don't do a P2F scheme.

I don't want to discourage you, and I don't want to offend you, but your post indicates that your expectations are not overly realistic. It gives me no pleasure to say this, but Global Express at Netjets as an entry level job isn't going to happen my friend.

As I say, my advice would be to have a good search of the forum, and to look at whether your expectations are realistic.

Good luck