PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 02:30
Worrals in the wilds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My feeling is eventually she will be thrown under the bus by Management.
Thrown under an airbus maybe (or a JCPL), like the other management flunkies who were playing rampies on Tuesday?
I don't feel sorry for her, or anyone else who is 1. wilfully incompetent and 2. happy to spruik management BS about Qantas being a great employer (sorry, employee ) when it's blatantly obvious to the outside world that Qantas operational staff are treated like crap. The audacity is absolutely astounding, and even if it's evil AJ coming up with this stuff, she's saying it.
I am sure she is quite capable of certain aspects of her job, but fronting the media is not one of them.
It's a pretty key part of that job. It's a plum position and hundreds of competent, shiny and 100% soulless PR people in Australia would love a crack at it. It would be like saying that 'Captain Fred's good at (insert secondary pilot duties), but he's really crap at flying.' Does this mean Fred is a good pilot?

Why stick with such bad PR when by the look of the links above it's even becoming a joke in the real world (not just from us crusties on here)?
Is it part of a really weird plan to make Qantas look as terrible as possible? That's exactly what's happening.

I reckon V Jet's four options sound spot on.

EDIT: Beat me to it Spanner. We even came up with the same pilot, poor Fred.