PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AUGUST 24th - QANTAS
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 01:31
adsyj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ladies and Gents,

At the risk of being expelled, I actually feel a bit sorry for Olivia Wirth.

She is a product of the inept management that runs this place. Somebody further along the management trough has hired Olivia and placed her in this role. Maybe she was the cheapest option.

I agree with the mantra often expressed here that we should play the ball and not the man(or women) and I will try to refrain from making any criticism of a personal nature. However it is hard not to make some comment as to her personal appearance just by virtue of her position.

She has a job to do at a tough time and she appears to be a loyal servant to her masters. However My feeling is eventually she will be thrown under the bus by Management. I am sure she will end up with the big golden handshake the rest of management eventually gouge out but at the end of the day she is just a pawn in a bigger game like the rest of us.

More importantly she is living proof of inept management. I am sure she is quite capable of certain aspects of her job, but fronting the media is not one of them.

V-Jet has posted above the grooming standards Q require of Cabin crew and tech crew can find themselves with an unpleasant notation in our personal file very quickly if we let our standards slip. One would expect that somebody somewhere in management could have a word or do they really not care that much? I feel bad that she is now being parodied on television because at the end of the day it reflects on the whole company. I know management don't care about the brand but until they give me the pink slip I do.