PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going for it or not..advice please!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 22:16
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only hold a PPL myself but since I have literally just finished it in Ormond Beach (the school is called EASA now), I would advise against it for your ATPL. If possible I would pay more money but find a better quality school. Most instructors at EASA have at best 350 hours. And whilst it may say the cost of the package is 40k, with all the extras (that are inevitable) you will be aiming for at least 60k. At Ormond you get what you pay for. They advertise as if they have a massive fleet, and at best they have 6 Warriors (Cadets) flying at the same time. The Arrow is broken half the time too... I wouldn't go for it.

But that is my personal opinion (shared by many others who were there I must say).

Good luck with whatever you decide!

---------

Btw, guys, I have a question,

If say I wanted to fly business jets... what's the way to get into it? I can't really find any info on this. Pretty much everyone seems to be aiming for the airlines but surely there's gotta be lots of work flying Citations, Learjets ect? I would pick that any day over A380s!! Even if it pays way less!

Could someone shine some light on this please? (sorry I don't mean to steal the thread. Only looking for a brief answer is possible).

Thanks