PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Legal implications should an accident happen
Old 21st Sep 2011, 10:45
allthecoolnamesarego

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for the info/comments/suggestions.

To Aussie Bob

Due to the press and the legal system Australians are increasingly becoming paranoid ninnies, is this you?

BTW I also agree with XXX, why the heck are you auctioning a flight with you as pilot anyway? Ego perhaps?
Actually, no I'm not a paranoid ninnie, just someone who looks into things from an adult point of view. I would hate for something to go wrong and for the family of the pax, to be out of pocket, or indeed for my family to suffer financially, because I didn't bother to check what I was offering was legal.

As for the reason I am doing the flight; simple. It is (if I decide to do it) as a fund raiser for my child's school, a school that I'm heavily involved with, where most of the parents know me and where I thought it would be nice to offer a flight with a parent of the school; it adds to the sense of community.

Ego has nothing to do with it.

The other reason is the cost. I can hire a Decathlon for $300/hr so a half hour flight with me will cost ME $150. I do not know anyone who can 'donate' a flight, so since I am a pilot, I thought I could do it.

Tail wheel,

Thanks for the link. To answer your questions, I am an ATPL pilot, I would hire the aircraft from a flying school as a private operator (I assume - hence asking questions here)

It seems it might be more hassle than it is worth, however, I will keep looking into it and do appreciate the responses.

Cheers

Coolnames