PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Pilot Recruitment 2012
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2011, 18:04
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirbusPhp - I trust you are not applying to join us. Encouraging a future employee of easyJet to start litigation if he is unsuccessful really says a great deal about you, and indicates you are exactly who our selection process is trying to eliminate at the first hurdle.

airbuddy - First of all, may I strongly encourage you to reject the advice of AirbusPhp. Next, you are clearly someone who would appeal to easyJet or you would not have passed the previous selection. Whatever the rights and wrongs of what happened, that is history - move on and just see this as another opportunity to work for a company you would like to be with when it seemed like you were dead and buried. Like people who float around the BA hold pool, they have to go through the whole process again if they become 'time expired' - very frustrating, but it is what it is. I am not familiar with the latest application process, but if there is a bit somewhere that says, 'Why do you want to work for easyJet?', that could be a place to make reference to your previous success. What I would strongly recommend is that you show no sign of bitterness or annoyance at what is now spilt mik - no company wants employees with an axe to grind and we are no exception. What you need to remember is that you are in a completely different situation now and applying against different competition. We are clearly going to take the best people we can, and you have to be seen as that here and now - what you achieved in the past is all very good, but it is yesterday's news. I am sorry if I sound harsh, but I am just trying to prevent you from seeing your previous success as any sort of guide to what happens in the current process - it really is not and you should be fully aware this is a whole new deal. I hope that helps - very best of luck.