PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet F/A fired for reporting the Captain
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:59
Matt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGA 10
to Matt101,

in Switzerland we have a so called cockpit permit, which is an official FOCA (Federal Office of Civil Aviation) form, which enable the commander to admit a person on the jumpseat. I have always one in my crew bag, and when I use it I get a new one the next day. So yes, we lost the common sense on the price of the beer but not on other matters

Ciao,

TOGA 10
What a thoroughly sensible idea - which is why I doubt we'll see anything similar in the land of the CAA (and those that adhere) any time in the future.

Usualguy, I know tightslot has already dealt with you really but I couldn't stop myself from reading your post and then taking an instant dislike to you and so I have had to have the rant below (I am sorry mods).

a FA who go against the authority of a captain has no place in this industry.
Rubbish, people in authority make mistakes all the time, it's not about going against any ones authority. Good day, good CRM; the whole team will pull together for a successful outcome.

the captain has his crew, his plane ,his license and his power.he has final authority. It 's printed black on white.Even the OFAC can not do anything against the captain' decision.He can even break air laws if he wants.
Bizarre statement, you seem to imply that the hundreds of pages of legislation that my Air Law instructor droned on about for months was irrelevant. If so can I have those few months back please? If maintaining the safety of the aircraft requires you to take action that contravenes an "air law" I am sure you'll find that said law provides leeway for such circumstance. You make it sound as if a Captain can rock up, fill her up and get from A to B anyway she/he damn well pleases, free from judgement or higher authority, which is absolute manure.

Easy was right to kick this lady out, she can find another job.

what is the job of a FA ?answer: take care of the cabin. do you have any authority in the cockpit? which one?
if you want take decisions on board of an airplane , become a pilot first, then you can play with rules as much you want.
Please lord tell me you don't have an ATPL?

I am lucky to have worked on both sides of the metal door to which I often feel we owe a severe dislike. In some ways I think that for the increase in security we have gained from the phase 2 door, we have also lost a level of safety, (a potential blockage for one of those Swiss cheese holes), by dividing physically, and it seems from this thread mentally, the resources onboard.

I've been lucky that the forward/aft CRM has generally been good on all flights, but I wonder if the locked door has lead to a reduction in good practice and an increase in a them and us mentality.

What a shame for us personally, and how dangerous from a safety standpoint.

Yes we all have different roles onboard but we all share the same goal, a safe operation on the day, some posts on this thread would seem to imply the presence of cabin crew is nothing but a hindrance - foolish.

anyway nuff said.....