PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Plea for Common Sense and Decency
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2002, 19:31
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BruPax - Firstly, an apology to you and Mrs BruPax for my previous response. It was not my desire, or intention, to sound rude and, looking back at my reply, it does seem that way!

In the situation you describe, there is no problem......what you're doing, in effect, is treating yourselves as two single people for the duration of the flight. What does cause a problem however, is deliberately taking a window and aisle with the intention of sitting together if someone takes the middle seat! It is this that causes the separation of couples!

Sharjah Night Shift wrote
If BA's computer can allocate the window seat with no window, next to the smelly and noisy toilet to my cheap ticket surely it could allocate adjacent seats to two tickets sold together.
Yes indeed - the system will always default to giving two people seats together, providing they're available. What is happening, however, is that pax are then selecting the seat map and deliberately choosing the window and aisle combinations. (On 747-400 flights I have just been made aware, couples are now booking the two aisle seats in the centre four-seat section to try to have the row to themselves!)