PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some (more) questions/comments about airline flying
Old 16th Sep 2011, 16:13
Nicholas49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies, gents.

BOAC - thanks very much for that link. I now understand (better) what we did. It is mountainous down there!

...I have long wondered what the CC would do if you informed them that the safety briefing is inaudible as I know all CC take safety briefings very seriously.
TSR2 What I am saying is that it should not have to come to that. The whole point, surely, is that the SCCM member must be able to 'hear' that the audio is inaudible since s/he is in the cabin with the passengers!

I am under the impression that it is a legal requirement for the cabin crew, under the commander's delegated authority, to brief the passengers on safety issues. It follows, therefore, that if the passengers cannot hear the safety demonstration, the airline/crew has probably not fulfilled that legal obligation. Anyway, all I am saying is that it cuts both ways. If you want us to listen, you have to make sure we can hear you/the recording.