PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hangar SOP to View?
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2011, 12:17
Burr Styers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FW1

The best answer here is going to come from you. What you want to derive is a set of procedures for for a facility. (Call them SOPs if you want).

To be honest I've never had to write/derive a set of SOPs for a hangar, but if I was asked I guess it would be along the lines of....

1st. Is the facility fit for purpose ? (yes/no)
2. Does ma plane/heli/top secret project fit through the front door (yes/no)
If all Ok above then.......

Walk the course. Start by how are you going to Open the hangar doors, then how you are going to move your heavier than air machine in and park it safely.
What are you going to be doing to it while its in there. ?
And when you've finished doing whatever you want to do
How do you drag the brute out again. ?

Much of this is people based process, and it would be worth taking relevant stakeholders with you on your walkabout, and seek their opinion.

Take notes as you go along, (photos if you wish - always useful)

Having accrued the knowledge, stick it into some simple procedures for each process, put them in a manual, and er..... call em Hangar SOPs.

A simplistic view I know, but you get my drift.

Don't think you will have much joy with getting people to share their hangar SOPs with. If they have them, they are probably the result of a lot of hard work, and form part of a company manual that will be subject to confidentialty laws.

PPrune is a free form public forum, with specific subject matter, and as wonderful and varied as that content is, it does have its limitations.

BS