PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Transport Management Msc courses
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2011, 10:22
Parkbremse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies so far...

Genghis, i didn't want to compare the full Msc course to a FI Rating in any way... The point i was trying to make is that whilst i'm really interested in the course contents, i wouldn't do the the course just for the fun of it or to tick off the box "Have an academic degree" (already did that, i hold the german equivalent of an Msc in physics ) So i should have rather said, if the degree is not worth it (because employers don't really care about it due to e.g lack of substance...), i'll buy books and read about the topics which interest me while saving the money for an FI Rating or to pay off my debt quicker.

I would certainly go for the part-time Msc program as i cannot afford taking a whole year off. It seems to me that the City Uni course is more tailored to the working pilot and the locations where modules are taught are quite easy for me to reach. Still, if the name Cranfield is what you need to have on your cv, then thats a serious option to look into as well if the part-time course is structured so that you can work full-time and live abroad.

Would still love to hear from anybody who went through one of these courses and who could provide me with a little bit of insight.