PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mainline to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 23:15
34R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's be honest, the only reason these guys/girls are taking LWOP and flying for Jet* is because they see it as their only viable option, that is, as opposed to being without a job all together over the next few years. We all know the contributing factors as to why that is the case, but that is for another argument.

I would think that most would be aware that their arrival would be somewhat frowned upon by most of the rank and file, considering endorsements have been funded and positions are only temporary.
It's quite comical actually. Some at Jet* took great delight in 'shafting' their companions at QF, almost bragging about how they have screwed mainline career opportunities (I've heard the bravado first hand at various points around the network), only to ensure that the perceived enemy's demise has facilitated some sort of QF infiltration into their cosy little world. Who would have thunk it?

To the guys that have gone over that I know, and to those that I don't, I wish you all well. It's a shame that it has come to this, but from here on in I think it is time to look after yourself. Nobody is being screwed or bypassed. Opportunities are being taken that have existed or at least been in place for some time. I just hope common sense and professionalism reign, and that future pissing contests are avoided. Not likely.....