PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family vs long-haul
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2011, 20:30
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B737-B777

Dear Cat,

Just think twice before you go on a Big 737, the time between TOC and TOD is just too loong and then? what you do at the other end? HKG, JFK, GRU, SYD and and and sounds maybe better in the beginning but after the 3rd LAX and the 5th somewhere else you know the Hotel, the Pubīs and every hole by first name around. Tired in the afternoon after arrival, sleeping until 01:00 hrs and then be awake until one hour before wakeup call....

I have no Kidīs. no Family, even I am thinking now going back to get a life again. Look at the schedule where you want to go and then compare.... Is you goal flying more important then your family?

I see the Ladīs suffering from real life. Broke, divorced from the second wife and running around with the 3rd GF trying to hide the paycheck to make a living for themselves. Ending up somewhere outcasted and just having the glamour whilst at work but "home"?

If you love your Wife and Kidīs then do yourself a favour: listen to what the Fellows said earlier ( I am sure later as well ) value them, treasure them.

Flying the B777 is not that exciting after a while anymore. Having the option to be at home when your Kidīs have Birthday, Anniversary, BBQ with Friends is priceless, you can make alot of money but you can not buy those events and happiness.

Can you get me a B737 Job where I am sleeping in my own bed most of the month? then I am taking it, no fuzz.