PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2011, 23:57
Jetjockey145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 have just transferred all/most of their 70% guys to 100%.

Some contractors (I'm one) have been offered 100% jobs to commence at the end of contract on Nov 1st, or can take the Winter off and start 100% next April 1st 2012. Not all contractors will take the 100% offer as many hail from sunnier climbs and want to return closer to home. Other contractors are too used to the tax advantages of working for themselves and will stick to contracting. that still leaves a lot of recruitment for the summer season next year so anyone wanting a job should persevere!

In all fairness to Jet2, they have treated me well. In fact, my roster has been no better or worse than any of the full time guys and girls so that's as fair as it gets. The management pilots have also (in my view) been a very good bunch. The trainers that I have encountered have all been first class and have displayed a common sense approach that is refreshing in aviation.

The Pilots I have worked with have all been friendly, and most report early because they want to get the job done properly, and not because they are forced to do so! The skippers I have flown alongside have all been friendly and knowledgeable, which is far more than can be said for the last airline I worked for.

No airline is perfect. Due to the type of operation and different skill sets / personalities involved this is not surprising. I can say however that I have found jet2 to be a very happy place to work and am happy to be offered a permanent place there.

At the moment they are expanding while others like Baby are contracting. They are taking on new a/c types (800), and have an expanding route structure and bigger plans for next year. Frankly, I see only upside.

Whilst one can argue all day long about the niceties of bonds etc, I can think of no better place for a low houred F/O to get jet experience to a varied list of destinations whilst accompanied by friendly Captains. Like it or not, I think Jet2 have a lot to offer! Just my tuppence worth.