PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reserve vs Stand-by
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2011, 04:10
Ixixly

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Reserve vs Stand-by

Quick question for the more legal minded of us (I'll be directing it to others as well outside of PPrune), Had a search on PPrune and couldn't find anything relavent to Australia.

This is in regards to Air Pilots Award 2010:
(e) On each occasion a casual pilot is required to attend work the pilot is entitled to minimum payment as follows:
(i) for a period of duty (including rostered stand-by) of four hours or less, a minimum payment of two hours; and
(ii) for a period of duty (including rostered stand-by) exceeding four hours, a minimum of four hours.

I am looking through the Air Pilots Award and am struggling to define the differences between "Stand-by" and "Reserve". My take is that "Stand-by" is time at work but not actually working and "Reserve" can be time spent at home, but i'm not really great when it comes to this type of Legal Jargon so please excuse my ignorance, hopefully someone can give me the definition and possibly a link to some sort of supporting documentation.

As I said i'll be referring this question to others as well (Union, Solicitor etc..) But just trying to cover all the possible bases. Thanks in advance.