PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Firemen's Strike
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2002, 22:51
propulike

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The firefighters I live near to do not save lives day to day. The notion that every time they get a shout they emerge from the burning building with flames licking round their boots and smoke billowing from over their shoulders while carrying a baby is more b@ll@cks than I can stomach.

The guys I know confess readily that most of the 50% of the time they do have to go to work is spent deciding whose turn it is to make the curry or what film to watch. The majority of shouts they get are to respond to chip pans and garden rubbish. All bar one of them have second jobs.

Everyone has the right to ask for more pay. What NO-ONE has is the right to use human life as a bartering point. People WILL die as a result of this dispute who otherwise could have been saved by the people we (the country) have trained. The firemen are going to KILL PEOPLE over a pay-claim. That is INDEFENSIBLE in my opinion.

I won't be able to post for a while as my keyboard is melting under my anger, and the only way I can stop the flames from speading is to throw it out the window 'cos I'm not having a feckin' fire-prat come into my house while I have the choice. Public support? What planet are they on?